FREE* Briefing on Disability and Long-term sickness 21st June 2018
One of the most challenging workplace issues for any employer – large or small, is how to handle a member of staff who is on long term sick leave or has an illness which affects their work.
Get the process wrong and you risk unsettling your workers or facing a claim for unfair dismissal. If the worker has a disability, you are in danger of a discrimination claim under the Equality Act. The average Tribunal award is £32,000.
No employer – whatever their size can escape liability.
To help support our clients, we are joining up again with our friends from White Horse Employment to offer a FREE* briefing to discuss how employers can protect their business and reputations and provide them with an invaluable opportunity to have their questions answered by an expert with a wealth of employment law experience.
Thursday 21st June 2018, 9.30 am to 11.30am
Registration: 9:00am, Cumberwell Park, Bradford-on-Avon
Email Emma Roberts to book your place now
What will we be covering?
This informal and informative briefing will give you the up-to-date knowledge and tools to identify and meet your obligations. The briefing includes:
- Dealing with long term illnesses
- Taking medical advice – when and what to ask
- Consulting with your staff
- Looking for alternative jobs or changing duties
- Malingering and faking long-term illness
- How to handle dismissal and capability procedures
- Making adjustments at work
- Your obligations under the Equality Act 2010
- Disability and the recruitment process
* First delegate FREE, £20.00 plus VAT for each additional delegate attending from the same organisation.