Dealing with the employment law implications of the Job Retention Scheme is difficult – especially if you don’t know what your options are when it comes to your staff.
Many employers aren’t clear on what they can and cannot do. We have been busy with questions from employers and employees ever since the Government announced the Scheme. We thought it would be helpful if we summarised the ones that apply to nearly all employers – and some questions that you haven’t even come up with yet (but should be asking) including:
- Does it cover agency workers, contractors and Company Directors?
- Can you extend a fixed term contract and furlough the employee?
- What about the many sickness absence situations?
- Can “shielding” employees be furloughed?
- How to implement furlough leave
- Working and training during leave
- Reaching an agreement (or not)
- Rotating staff and re-hiring someone who had left.
- What are staff entitled to?
- Holiday pay
Everyone needs help to make sure they do the right thing during the Job Retention Scheme – and we are happy to do our bit… for free.
If you need a Job Retention Scheme letter or template agreement, just let us know.
20 April 2020.